This policy is effective from 1st January 2018 and complies with the GDPR Data Protection laws that came into effect on 25th May 2018.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA AND WHY
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
I will hold your data for as long as I may need to be able to provide you with the highest degree of customer care. I keep records of your orders to meet legal requirements, as well as for reporting purposes. If you wish for me to anonymise your account, I can. Upon anonymisation the account would have no indication that it had once belonged to you. Any personal information that you have passed to Helpful Hedgehogs, complies with its obligations under the "GDPR" by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Helpful Hedgehogs holds about you;
- The right to request that Helpful Hedgehogs corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Helpful Hedgehogs to retain;
- The right to withdraw your consent (if under the consent permission) to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If you want to know what Information I collect and hold about you, please email email@example.com.
INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY IT COLLECT'S IT
Site visitation tracking: Like most websites, this site uses analytics to track user interaction, this is done through the company Attracta*. Helpful Hedgehogs uses this data to determine the number of people using the site, to better understand how they find and use the web pages and to see your journey through the website. Although Attracta records data such as your geographical location, device type, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to Helpful Hedgehogs. Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop Attracta from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
ABOUT THIS WEBSITES SERVER
This website is hosted by Smart Hosting, a Krystal Hosting brand based in the UK. The data centre's security features are as follows: CloudLinux Security & Mod Security for Site Protection. Full details of Smart Hosting can be found here. All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
COOKIES AND HOW THEY ARE USED
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables a website to identify your computer as you view different pages on this website and to make sure pages are sent to the browser as quickly and efficiently as possible. There are 3 types of cookies; Session: a cookie that is erased when you close the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from your computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user. Persistent: Also called a permanent cookie, or a stored cookie, a cookie that is stored on your hard drive until it expires (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific Web site. Third-party: Cookies attributes usually corresponds to the website domain they are on. Not for third-party cookies—as you probably gathered from the name, they are installed by third-party websites, such as advertisers. They gather data about your browsing habits, and allow them to track you across multiple websites.
Helpful Hedgehogs does not use third party or persistent cookies.
Cookies do not provide Helpful Hedgehogs with access to your computer or any information about you. *Attracta analytics only identifies your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to Helpful Hedgehogs.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Helpful Hedgehogs Terms & Conditions
• An A4 Laminated Weekly School Planner and/or Reward chart.
• Printed on photo paper to enhance the colour, and plastic coated for re-use & durability.
• Includes a FREE dry wipe pen with eraser for planners & points reward charts and FREE sheet of stickers for the sticker charts.
• Chart can be wiped clean with the eraser included or with a dry cloth.
• Item can be personalised with your child’s name (see how to order with a name).
HOW TO ORDER WITH A NAME
• If the name ends with an "s" please confirm if you would like the ('s) at the end. For example: James' or James's
• Check your inbox incase there’s a problem with the details you have supplied for further instructions and please check all spelling is correct as mistakes can’t be undone.
• Please add the name to the 'Instructions to seller' underneath the chart options before you click 'add to cart', thank you. Alternatively send me a message via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
• If no information is received regarding a child’s name I will assume that you would not like one added.
• All items are handmade and require up to 3 days to prepare from receipt of cleared payment.
These planners & reward charts are all handmade and checked before posting to ensure you enjoy your product. However, from time to time things can and do go wrong. Mostly the things that do go wrong are out of my control, for example postal delays. If you do incur any problems please contact me through at email@example.com and I will try to resolve any issues you have. Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions.